Providing Kubvan info for 21 years, please help support this site

me... ahhh too many...

This was Crsmp5 (burnt toast) original idea, I thought I should promote it to it's own forum as it is has been so popular.

me... ahhh too many...

Postby CRSMP5 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:12 am

So start simple.... New job... 225 miles away.... Time to be interesting...

Limp 370 to new location on april 6th... Rember i couch surfing past 3weeks at this point... Took till 5-1-14 to find new place... Figured... To do that, i borrowed pump as my rover pump sprung leak... But now have cooling pressure issue...

Turned out i lifted the head... Not posting that cause for record as i was up to no good... But i just say i did not loose

So since may 1st i do 450 mile trip to bring another load... Towed my 84 coupe with it, the jackrabbit came too... All my stuff inside :) with room for more....

Just got plate for #337... It will move to new place... Its in my na
me currently till delevered to ca...

#010 #1/oops truck is getting returned to owners moms house.... Someday its owner will have $$ to restore... Rember its the first #010 and in owners manual... So will be restored...
CRSMP5

Re: me... ahhh too many...

Postby CRSMP5 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:56 pm

New town loves it.... Add in month of 337 use... I had many ask why i painted it blue... Only one to ask why i made it white again...

But of interesting moments... One of best what the hell is it conforsations involved the city tow guy...

Sat evening.. 7 pmish... Goto wingsover knowing ill use the meter pay lot... $0.25 for 20min... Easier then free street parking due to time... Tow truck follows into parking lot... I park.. Goto feed meter, he like hey... So i try to feed meter and get hey again.. So i walk over... We talk.. Hotassed teen pulls in... Starts to walk away, he like if ya dont feed it ill tow you... So she feeds it.. Walks off... We finish our talk.. I goto feed meter... He like dont worfy bout it... Lol...

So either gay, or kubvan gives him better wood.. As she was hot... Lol...
CRSMP5

Postby CRSMP5 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:18 am

Took 370 on 1400 mile run over past weekend.... Speedo needle went missing in last 200 miles of trip.... The suck it in vortex its been making since aprils crap its spinning like beenie prop now feature.... Gone it is... Lol... Just gone...
CRSMP5

Postby CRSMP5 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:28 am

So who has heard of the bubble of saftey dumb people get doing stupid stuff??

Down to one more trip... Then my crap should be moved... Only may 1st... 5mo... Lol...

I will have to try to upload pic... But in prep for this run, 36,000mi since inital build... And knowing im pressing 2500lbs i did rear suspention, wheel bearing check... Wow, hardleakedware been maching rear drumbs seal area all this time... Hmm fixed now... Cali, multi 100+gal fuel loads in back and such... But....all my failures in 36,000 mi...

mountmount
Fuel pump cam plate at 33k and seals leaked

Broken front mount
Speedo in multi sweet ways... But still counts miles travled... No needle
Blown turbo... Cali trip due to boost leak and over spooling
lifted head, blown turbo... But wrx lost :)
Oil feed line left puddle week ago... Best part.. Been seeping as past few mo puddle got small like when first moved in

Still needs winshield... Lots of rock hits... La in nov... Cracked!!

But honestly... 36,000mi of make it work... Not been bad... Must be why their aircraft lasted...
CRSMP5

Return to What did you do today with your Kubvan