Providing Kubvan info for 21 years, please help support this site

Kubvan stretch

This was Crsmp5 (burnt toast) original idea, I thought I should promote it to it's own forum as it is has been so popular.

Kubvan stretch

Postby luckham » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:13 am

kubvan ready.jpg
kubvan ready.jpg (92.05 KiB) Viewed 8161 times

Cleaned out the van today to get ready for putting the rear end back on
Stretching the van 18 inches.
luckham
Site Admin

Re: Kubvan stretch

Postby CRSMP5 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:16 am

have you seen the pop tops they make for a landrover?? fold up to the side so you can stand inside?? kinda like vw bus but on its side vs front/back end...

looking at how our roofs are made.. you should think of a hinge down one side... then the ability to stand it up and canvas box for the other sides... when folded down have the top up above your head in all the dead/unused lots of headroom area... so no need for roof to be higher..

if my roof or headliner were screwed up id do it so fast.... i think you need to do it... then set it up like a old bus with canvas cots... or like newer ones with panel for foam matress.. i like cot idea as easy to fold/store... you could also build a roof rack into it.. ;)
CRSMP5

Postby luckham » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:51 am

Definitely putting on a roof rack, I am thinking about a skylight/sunroof, but I am afraid of leaks which means I would probably not mess with a popup roof either. I did find a kubvan on the Samba.com site once that apparently had a pop out side, I tried contacting the guy to get more pictures but no reply.
Ice cream Kubvan small.jpg
Ice cream Kubvan small.jpg (64.7 KiB) Viewed 8161 times

I think it was in AURORA,ILLINOIS
luckham
Site Admin

Postby CRSMP5 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:17 pm

if that from broklyn area.. the guy that just ebayed the green lowfloor with its sunroof that most likely one his dad had. they had a opening side kubvan.. guy with kurbwatt told me of..

kurbwatt has factory vent in roof like out nutt cooler ones n the sides... think its to help vent it if need be when on charge...
CRSMP5

Postby luckham » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:02 am

Rear panel about to back on :)
rear panel.jpg
rear panel.jpg (59.17 KiB) Viewed 8130 times
luckham
Site Admin

Return to What did you do today with your Kubvan