Providing Kubvan info for 21 years, please help support this site

Feeling Like Christmas

This was Crsmp5 (burnt toast) original idea, I thought I should promote it to it's own forum as it is has been so popular.

Feeling Like Christmas

Postby luckham » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:44 pm

chritsmas van 2 small.jpg
chritsmas van 2 small.jpg (214.67 KiB) Viewed 9722 times

Oh oh looking like it really needs a paint job :(
luckham
Site Admin

Re: Feeling Like Christmas

Postby CRSMP5 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:44 pm

yesterday was 55+f here.. last week in teens... so not feelin it here... and populare thread... more kinda a way to get people to talk.. :P but nice idea.. hope others use it.. :D

the missing door one that he got doors for.. is up for sale.. he wants lowfloor after seeoing mine... need to get him to post up.. :P 2k i think is asking price.. runs.. but needs bumper to bumper to be safe on all maintences..
CRSMP5

Postby luckham » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:42 pm

Yea interesting on "No doors".
That original posting of yours had over 5000 views on it more than any other post, that's why I decided to promote it.
It will also be easier and quicker for me to get to post so lets see how it goes.
I am hoping over the next few months to add some new stuff I have been collecting waiting for winter to set in so I can work inside.

Happy holidays
luckham
Site Admin

Postby Popgadget » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:38 pm

Not very Christmas like here in eastern Pennsylvania. All the snow has melted over the last 3 days of rain and temperatures approaching 70F. The ground is a swamp everywhere, y don't dare step or drive off the pavement.
Tomorrow it's supposed to be in the 30's, we could use a good freeze to make the mud easier to deal with.
My Kub is doing great though, it's been about 15,000 miles since the restoration, it's been a pretty reliable driver.
Popgadget

Postby CRSMP5 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:19 pm

well 30k on mine...

14k 1st year and stored 3 months of non use...
2nd year was almost 10k.. but 6500 was trip to cali..
rest this year so far... but 2 major issues...

rover pump sprung a leak... gotta buy some big boy pants and reseal it,, maybe then my sack will be bigenough.. i really fear screwing it up..
heater core sprung a leak.. :(

realism at this moment.. i gotta finish my turbo upgrade, camper aspect and that by april... i am thinking of moving.. and selling rest of stuff i own.. live 2 years looking for a place to call home... camper kubvan... i can see it... :D living in it across the us... i can see it... starting mobile diesel conversion shop and using it as a place to sleep/work out of.. heck yea... im just fed up with everyday life... think that would be fun way to spend a few years...
CRSMP5

Postby Popgadget » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:04 am

Andy with the polished one is pretty comfortable working on the injection pumps, he's resealed quite a few of them.
Popgadget

Postby CRSMP5 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:39 pm

yea.. i know i wanna visit him for the glass guy... i worry bout dislodging the silly shim.. if i do then it gets crunched it ruins the pump... so pay 1k or ball up and do it myself... i got uk contact now.. missing door kubvan guy.. he just brought 4 rover pumps back... sittin here in ohio looking for owners.. :D $425 shipped.. so i guess if i screw up one from him is still less then paying to have mine done... i just hate the cost of screwin up..

kinda want a "expert" to over look what im doing 1st time out... to catch me screwin up if i were too.. pluse i can ask whats that for type of questons..
CRSMP5

Return to What did you do today with your Kubvan