Providing Kubvan info for 21 years, please help support this site

Entering the Kub Van World

Tell us the stroy of how you got you got your van, when you bought it, where it was and and where you are now. Include serial number and year if you can

Re: Entering the Kub Van World

Postby Jacob » Wed May 21, 2014 2:46 pm

Mine is registered as a commercial vehicle, but because of it's weight the licence fee is really cheap. Not sure how this would work in the US though.
Ser# 252, Built 4/84, Kubvan ex-Canada Post, ex-sandwich delivery van. 1.6NA w/ governer mod, 5 speed trans conversion.
Jacob

Postby Popgadget » Sun May 25, 2014 4:51 pm

Mine is registered as a "truck" in Penssylvania, which makes it "sort of commercial". Mine's insured through Safeco.

As far as parts like the vents, Mill supply or Stepvan Parts has a pretty good selection. I have also gotten parts from Morgan Olsen (the successor to Grumman). That's where I found the plastic headlight trim rings and various other parts.
Popgadget

Postby CRSMP5 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:45 am

Sounds like progressive bull crap... They will also take your money just to refund it...

I have classic collectors by infindelity... 12,500 stated value, auto increases 750/year... Costs me 150/year currently, full coverage, 0 deductable on glass, free roadside... unlimited milage... BUT must be garage kept.. And can only drive 13 days in row... Must have real policy on 2nd car...

Since progressive wanted me to make commercial policy for it, i went that way... Who won?? They not calling it commercial... They want a commercial polixy which frazy in price vs normal... So i went collectors... Fri the 13th #337 gets added to it... See how much 2 will cost :)

I am moving locations, changed jobs.... But has hell of new mancave i can park all my toys inside now ...
CRSMP5

Postby HD54KH » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:56 pm

I bought mine from a used car dealer and he got it registered for me as a Suburban with passenger car plates. I insure it with all my other vehicles so it's pretty cheap as they know it is not a daily driver. I do drive it often as I run it on used vegetable oil (2 tank system). It also gets more attention and conversations than any other vehicle owned present and past.

Welcome to the club.

Terry
!985 Kubvan Model 120 #385 Built 11/84
1.6 N/A 5 Speed
Low interior deck
Swinging full length doors in rear
2 Tank Waste Vegetable Oil Conversion
HD54KH

Postby Pangloss » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:25 pm

I tried about a dozen places to get it insured. At one point someone asked me if it had seats, and to this day I'm not sure what they were picturing.
Progressive said they would do it but they would insure it as a "1980 VW Other", Geico basically just took my word for it and I told them what it was and that's how they insured it, and those were the only two that would do it.
Since I got it from out of state I had to go to the DMV to get it inspected and the VIN verified, and it took the technician 3 tries to fill out the paperwork correctly, but eventually they just called it a Van.
Pangloss

Postby CRSMP5 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:26 am

Hows this..... I cannot get reasonable coverage for 337 since its stock.... $900/year for 6k stated value..... My white one... 156 $13k value..... Kid you not..... Bet if i put set gold n polished bbs on 337 they would.....
CRSMP5

Previous

Return to Got my Van