Providing Kubvan info for 21 years, please help support this site

I just got a Kurbwatt USPS Kubvan 1983 All electric

Tell us the stroy of how you got you got your van, when you bought it, where it was and and where you are now. Include serial number and year if you can

I just got a Kurbwatt USPS Kubvan 1983 All electric

Postby sam » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:46 am

Just picked up a Kurbwatt Grumman Kub Van. 1983. Bulit for the US Postal Service. All electric vehicle. How much is something like this worth? I think I would like to sell it. Will post all serial numbers later this week. Body in great condition. All original. Just needs battery's.

Does anyone know where I can get the cord to plug in to charget the batterys? How many were made?

This info came off the plate mounted inside the van:
MFG: 11/83 GVWR 3400lbs

VEH ID: 1GWKP11PXDMLO0071
USPS 3200043

USPS10423083Z0859

Odometer shows 13214 miles.

Thank you,
Sam
Last edited by sam on Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sam

Re: I just got a Kurbwatt USPS Kubvan 1983 All electric

Postby luckham » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:56 pm

Hi Sam, site admin here, very cool that you have one of those, where are you located.
please post some pictures and details in the for sale section of the site.
Depending on where you are and the price I might be interested myself.
let me know
luckham
Site Admin

Re: I just got a Kurbwatt USPS Kubvan 1983 All electric

Postby CRSMP5 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:21 pm

rhd too... i gotta drive one round san fran a few mo ago..

charging cord is dependent on what charger and such.. that stuff very specific..

i too wanna know where you are and price.. and what all you got...

grumman has a actual tool to help remove the batt tray for service and such.. the one in san fran has it to copy along with tons of lit.. if you lack it.. sadly its owner a tad anal about giving up his contact info.. but hit me thru pm is you got some non forum type of questions.. kurbwatt questions ill try to fill in as much as i can being one of few to see the "grumman" info/tools.. he would make you copies for cost.. no profit.. pisses him off watching people try top sell that stuff..

but honestly.. i want one for shop truck to fetch parts.. i could run week/charge that way... but hell batts thats 2k+ at cost.. well 1.5 years ago when san fran one used my infio to order them.. :D his has extra 2 or 4 and no way i want him to know or he will be on his 6th hording one..
CRSMP5

Return to Got my Van