Providing Kubvan info for 21 years, please help support this site

85 lowfloor 337

Post Pictures here and I will load them into the banner slide show

85 lowfloor 337

Postby CRSMP5 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:32 am

well cali guy got it.. #337.. as far as i can tell via vin reg ay be one of the first 120 model...

she needs some work... timming belt, fuel pump leak, muffler, rear brakes, mirrors, goofy rear lights removed, stock fixed, filters, tires... but compaired to the oops no buchered wiring or horrific body work..

http://www.crsmp5.com/85_kub_337/kub337.htm is my webpage on it..
CRSMP5

Re: 85 lowfloor 337

Postby luckham » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:17 pm

Nice !, your right about the tail lights, but I kinda like the marker lights on the roof and the brake lights above the rear doors
luckham
Site Admin

Postby CRSMP5 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:17 am

too bad they do not work... also has them on the rockers too..

guy it was gotten from got it from original buyers ~17 year ago... back then it was a primer red color and used for transportin medical items like blood/body parts... it was auto originally due to hole in dash that was plated with 5 speed shift pattern.. it now has a 4 speed... :P so auto to 5 to a 4,,,

back when it was in the original color.. the guy in cali knew of it and to be honest.. was 1st one he ever saw in person!!

so i think thats why he dded a 5th to his collection.. all i know is if it was avaliable a year ago... id have gotten it vs mine..

hey paul... it needs a drivers win regulator... had comp crash where i lost your photos/instructions on how to mod a new one... :P wanna make up a post?
CRSMP5

Postby CRSMP5 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:03 pm

well looked into fuel leak/timming belt.. pump bushing is gone.. saturated the belt to where im happy it did not break but was close.. went borrowed a pump off owners blown up 1.6td in his 84 jetta.. and the lines.. this pump will end up headed to giles in canada at one point for rebuild/perormance mods...

owner got pics finally... loves the mudflaps... i thinking of copying them for mine.. if i do.. any others interested in a set? figure material will be 40ish + some time...

now waiting on shifter rebuild parts... the list...

shifter
filters
left cv joint/axles.. mine had new ones.. so used them on this (were upgraded)
tires... mine had new.. so use on this (were upgraded)
brakes.... mine had new fronts so use on this (were upgraded)
all 4 shocks/struts
driver win regulator
mirrors
fix tail lights
see if markers can be fixed..
CRSMP5

Postby Popgadget » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:41 pm

The window regulators are available from Morgan Olson. The part numbers are 47007515 and 47007516. They are too big for the Kub and need to be cut down, but it's an easy job to cut a couple of inches out and weld it back together. You also have to shorten the chain. I have some pics I could dig up if anyone needs them, it's just awkward to do it from the iPhone/iPad that I normally use to surf the web.

You can see them here- http://morganolson.com/pdfs/MO_door_hardware.pdf
Their phone is (269) 659-0567
Popgadget

Return to Photo Album