Providing Kubvan info for 21 years, please help support this site

3 kubvans i want to find out about

Conversations about Vans event etc
Forum rules
This is a general section topics that are specific will be moved to the relevant section if it seems misplaced.

3 kubvans i want to find out about

Postby Ceebee » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:44 am

Hey all,
Completely new here so bear with me as I figure out how to navigate this site. I had written a post and after attempting to upload an image, I lost the whole message unfortunately. So here goes it again...
I joined this site to find out more about these awesome little trucks I had the pleasure of being introduced to several weeks ago. A friend of mine whom I am helping clean up a property she is trying to sell has three of them. Her husband had collected them over the years, but unfortunately, he passed away several years ago, so they have been sitting there for quite a while. THe story I got so far is that the maroon one was a daily driver for him for many years, until something happened with the motor. Thats were the story goes blank. Don't know what exactly, but he just never got to fixing it. I believe he collected the other 2 as a hobby and for parts in case. They all look complete, but again, have no clue as to running condition. I believe they came for NYC (He was from Brooklyn) and he drove or had them towed down here to where they now reside. BTW, I am in south NJ (Cape May Co.) which is about 3 hours from NYC, hour and half from Philly, and a ferry ride from Lewes, Delaware. Which is also where these Kubvans are. He definitely had a good eye for rare things, and I can see why he chose these to collect. They really are neat. I was tempted to make an offer on one myself, but haven't the time or room for yet another project...will probably kick myself for not doing so. Anyway, taking on the task to help her get rid of them, with her best interests in mind, I want to do my homework on them and become educated as to the best way sell them. I would have posted this in the for sale thread, but really, I am just in the beginning stages of figuring out the best options and was hoping you all out there could point us in the right direction. Do we sell them individually? DO we sell as a lot? Are they typically parts trucks, or does the majority look for ones to restore? What are they worth? What is a realistic price to get for them? etc. etc.
I will post pics in a reply on this thread, but am afraid to loose this message again, so will just post this for now. But am seriously looking forward to hearing what you all have to say. I love to learn about new things like this, and have read some of the history on kubvans so far and am fascinated. Like I said, if I had the means, I would try to keep and restore one for myself, but really in this case, I want to do right by my friend and feel what I could offer would be a disservice. lol. I'd rather see them go to good homes, as a sort of honor to her husband, who I know had a lot of fun collecting these things, as I am sure you all do as well.
Ceebee

Re: 3 kubvans i want to find out about

Postby Ceebee » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:50 am

I think I figured out how to insert pics via Html link, but I also just created a google photo album with some more pics here's a link to that.
https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipP ... t7gl6X-4fD
Ceebee

Re: 3 kubvans i want to find out about

Postby fullergarrett1 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:14 am

Ceebee wrote:Image

I think I figured out how to insert pics via Html link, but I also just created a google photo album with some more pics here's a link to that.
https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipP ... t7gl6X-4fD

The picture gives a 404 Error when it is accessed.
fullergarrett1

Return to Kubvan News and General Chat