Providing Kubvan info for 21 years, please help support this site

Rare Kubvan

Conversations about Vans event etc
Forum rules
This is a general section topics that are specific will be moved to the relevant section if it seems misplaced.

Rare Kubvan

Postby Pro Metal Shop » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:16 pm

Hi Guys
I haven't posted in a while, but had to stop in and share this with y'all. Last week some time a good friend of mine whom owns an excavatining company, called me and needed help with one of his prize Peterbuilt tri axle's that had a large tree limb crash down on it one off custome aluminum grill, crushing the to and side of it.
So we picke the grill up and a few days later we had it straightened out and metal finished to its pre accident condition. These are not painted so it had to be perfect in its pure aluminum form.
So Dan stopped up and was just pleased with the results of the repair ! ! Now Dan is the son of the owner of the OOPS truck that I believe one of the board members here is working on. I have the Grump ( yellow Kubvan ) which Dans dad also use to own. Dans dad Fritz has had quite a few Kubs and new a few guys who worked at the Grumman factory here in Montgumery Pa.
Ok I'm telling you this because Dan calls me last eve and says to stop by the shop and see me, because he had a suprize for me. :shock: Well today he shows up at my shop because I got tied up and he hands me this.

These are billet aluminum that was water or laser cut at there facility back in the early eighties. I guess from what I understand they only made a few and that makes this on very special even more coming from a good friend :mrgreen:
Last edited by Pro Metal Shop on Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pro Metal Shop

Re: Rare Kubvan

Postby luckham » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:03 pm

VERY cool, looking Green with envy here.
Thanks for sharing !!
Another item that some of you may not have seen is this wooden desk object for the LLV, aquired on Ebay years ago.
I do not know for sure the story, but understood it was gift to persons in influence when Grumman was trying to get the contract to build the LLV.
Anyone know more let me know.
grummandesk1.jpg
grummandesk1.jpg (230.92 KiB) Viewed 8573 times

grummandesk2.jpg
grummandesk2.jpg (218.87 KiB) Viewed 8573 times

grummandesk3.jpg
grummandesk3.jpg (214.94 KiB) Viewed 8573 times

Not as sweet as you ally billet but nice none the less.

Anybody else have any sweet grumman objects
luckham
Site Admin

Postby Pro Metal Shop » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:37 am

That is very cool ! ! And detailed to. I wonder if that was hand carved. :?: Dans dad Fritz also turn me on to another Kubvan that I will be going to look at here in the next few days. I will keep you posted ! ! I have to update my build post here also. Thanks for sharing your also rare Grumman goodie :D
Pro Metal Shop

Postby CRSMP5 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:04 pm

im the one getting to ressurect the oops... its now owned by a guy in cali... has 337, 397, oops, a ford and the kurbwatt... he a horder...

both are kewl..
CRSMP5

Postby Pro Metal Shop » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:40 pm

I should be looking at another Kubvan in the next week....... :D
Pro Metal Shop

Return to Kubvan News and General Chat