Providing Kubvan info for 21 years, please help support this site

odd discoveries, due to kub337

Conversations about Vans event etc
Forum rules
This is a general section topics that are specific will be moved to the relevant section if it seems misplaced.

odd discoveries, due to kub337

Postby CRSMP5 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:29 pm

1st off it came with a owners manual.. owner wants shipped to him for replication.. so today i thumbed thru it.. photo on back of table of content interests me in big ways... too bad its black/white.. but if i had to guess.. its the oops truck 010... the stripes are a titch off.. but oops has been repainted.. so i can only expect that.. but the stripe theme and rockers match.. polished/bare bumpers do too.. where else would the painter get 85% of the stripe to "match" unless it had it before paint...

2nd odd i cannot explain.. the build date vs serial number...

tissue box in field, model 120 "low floor" build date is sept 84, between 337 and 370... mine is oct 84 and #370..

337 build date is 11-84... almost like they started it then never finished till nov.. why?? if i had to guess.. they ran out of the dasher rear suspention they used on the model 70/100... waited for more with no luck.. gotta rember dasher last year was 81.. quantium that replaced it was different.. so poof.. what to do with that unfinshed model 100/#337... make it a model 120.. why else would 33 others be built first...

just some interesting what did grumman do..
CRSMP5

Re: odd discoveries, due to kub337

Postby Popgadget » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:04 am

Is it a model 120 manual? Is there actually a different manual for the 120?
I have a pristine 70/100 manual as well as one that I scanned into an indexed PDF.
Popgadget

Re: odd discoveries, due to kub337

Postby CRSMP5 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:02 am

70/100 manual... i have not found any lit on the 120... or ford versions..

cali guy knows some printer.. he has the "100$" version he paid less for.. but besides water damage the 337 book is pristine minus cover fadded out and binding missing.. its ideal for replica to be made due to missing binding... he wants to make non profit replicas for a few people.. he dislikes the $100 person.. feels people should be able to get them with no loss of blood prices..

so did you dig your out to look at the pic? opps the angles slots are reversed and missing the slots on the thin stripe.. but has the flare on the little stripe at the rear.. like i said.. easy painter goofs on that.. but stripe design.. unless he saw the photo.. had to be on it.. else why go thru the work? i figured it was a oops thing till i saw the pic...
CRSMP5

Return to Kubvan News and General Chat