Providing Kubvan info for 21 years, please help support this site

KUBVAN in Germany

Conversations about Vans event etc
Forum rules
This is a general section topics that are specific will be moved to the relevant section if it seems misplaced.

KUBVAN in Germany

Postby German John » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:18 am

Hello

my name is John and we have bought a 1983 Grumman Olsen electric drive ex US-mail van, vin-no. 1GWKP11P1DML00069. The vehicle was build was an electric drive, using a lot of mechanical components from VW. My vehicle is also a right hand drive version. From what I understand Grumman build 41 of these type of vehicles with an electric drive. Supposedly they where exclusive used at the US Postal office in Cupertino/California. I own vehicle no. 41. I work with the VW museum in Germany. We want to rebuild this vehicle to it's original condition. After that is is going into the VW factory museum!! in Germany in order to put on display there. The museum has been open since 2001 and has about 2.5 million visitors each year, making it the biggest and most frequented car manufacturers museum of make world wide! But for now we need all the help we can get in order to restore this vehicle. Here are some points, in which we need some help;

1. We want to know all about the history of these electric drive Grumman van's from that time period using VW parts/components.
2. We would like to get an owners manual or at least a copy of it.
3. We would like also a repair manual or a copy of it.
4. We like to get some pictures showing the original vehicle in the original painting and with the original decals.
5. We also need some pictures showing the inside of this vehicle type.
6. We need the white paint code from the US mail vehicles used in the 80's. Best would be a PANTONE or RAL paint code. But any code would help at this point ....
7. A copy of the wiring diagram for this type of vehicle.

We would be extremely thankful for all the help we can get in this matter. You can contact me also direct via my private mail at jhermannes@web.de

Looking forward to any reply!!!

All the best from Germany

John
Attachments
38A398F2-1B30-4300-B9CB-96350B82DD5C.jpeg
In Germany on it's way to restauration
IMG_0620.JPG
1983 Grumman Olsen van
FullSizeRender(1).jpg
Vin-no plate
German John

Return to Kubvan News and General Chat