Providing Kubvan info for 21 years, please help support this site

Postal Museum and Kubvans/Kurbwatts

Conversations about Vans event etc
Forum rules
This is a general section topics that are specific will be moved to the relevant section if it seems misplaced.

Postal Museum and Kubvans/Kurbwatts

Postby fullergarrett1 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:49 pm

At the Smithsonian Postal Museum in Washington, D.C., they have the first Grumman LLV off the assmebly line and a 1930 Ford Model A mail truck both on display.

I was wondering; has anyone contacted anyone at the postal museum regarding the Kubvan/Kurbwatt? I'd imagine it'd be fairly lucritive to recreate one of the 41 USPS Kurbwatt from the early 1980s and sell it or loan it to the Smithsonian.

Also, if nobody would be willing to go that far - what about reaching out to the Smithsonian about having a display about the Kubvan/Kurbwatts used by the USPS? They have displays about other rare vehicles they've used in the past. Perhaps they could do a display or web page on the electric vehicles used by the postal service... the Kurbwatt was one of many, as there's also the ELLV from 2000.
fullergarrett1

Re: Postal Museum and Kubvans/Kurbwatts

Postby luckham » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:04 pm

Good idea, run with it especially if you have access to a couple of vans. Maybe your friend with the vans could make a donation (tax deductable ?)
luckham
Site Admin

Postby fullergarrett1 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:02 pm

luckham wrote:Good idea, run with it especially if you have access to a couple of vans. Maybe your friend with the vans could make a donation (tax deductable ?)

I wish I could, but I sadly don't have any connections with a van. I think you have me mixed up with someone else in another recent topic. ;)
fullergarrett1

Postby CRSMP5 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:43 pm

I know where a kurbwatt is that ill say will be forsale... Tahoe area of nevada... Guy thought it was a electric conversion kubvan as he did not know of kurbwatts

Now... If a east coaster is interested... Reply... Email... Ill be driving back from that area in sept as im going to resurrect the kubvan i built 20 years ago with a non turbo tdi, it just happens to be in that area currently, so in theory i could tow it to the east coast
CRSMP5

Return to Kubvan News and General Chat